The Style Sample | Cincinnati Photo & Brand Stylist | Foster Roster
Styling + Branding + Connections
branding,stylist,cincinnati,fashion,photographer,midwest,creative
915
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-915,single-format-standard,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,select-theme-ver-3.7,side_area_uncovered,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.0.1,vc_responsive

Foster Roster

Foster Roster

So, I finally caved. After months (okay, month) of missing my beloved kitty Cortez, I decided to be a foster mom to a kitty-in-need for the local Pet Alliance.

His name is Beauregard Aloysius, Beau for short (see also: Beau-bear, Beau-bunny, Baby B, Wheezy Beau, and a jillion other unnecessary cutesy-poo nicknames) and as his name suggests, he is a southern gentleman.

He was sick as a dog (ha!) due to an upper respiratory infection when I picked him up, but after a week of  cuddling, petting, syringe feeding (not fun), nose drops (even less fun), and playing catch the mouse, he’s no longer hiding under the bed and ducking for cover. He’s eating well, playing hard, and loves to curl up in a ball in my lap while purring like crazy. I think I’m in trouble.

Just FYI: I’ll be switching this blog and stylesamplemag.com over to self-hosted WordPress, which is turning out to be more trouble than I expected. I hope to have it all completed by the weekend after Thanksgiving, so if things look a bit wonky between now and then, please bear with me. And pray for my sanity.

Tags:
6 Comments
  • Kyla

November 23, 2009 at 12:12 pm Reply

He is adorable!!! You are a good, good person. How in the world are you going to give him up someday?

• Kristie Bertucci

November 23, 2009 at 1:20 pm Reply

he’s the cutest thing ever!

• Alicia

November 23, 2009 at 1:27 pm Reply

AWW! Beau is adorable.

I hope the transition goes as smoothly as possible for you. They are truly a pain in the ass.

• tanesha

November 23, 2009 at 1:28 pm Reply

oh please! he’s yours : )

• Michelle

November 23, 2009 at 7:31 pm Reply

Oh what a cutie! I really admire you for doing the fostering thing. I’ve told Matt that when we get old, we need to get a big house and foster as many pets as we can (and still take care of all of them and pay attention to all of them, of course!).

• Mo’ Beau | The Style Sample

December 21, 2009 at 8:19 am Reply

[…] Foster kitty Beau is still with me, and it’s getting serious. He’s such a fun little guy–if I lay down, he’ll curl up on my chest and fall asleep with his head on my shoulder like a baby. If I close the door to the bathroom or bedroom, a small furry paw inevitably appears under the door (this is extremely amusing for reasons I can’t explain). If anything even remotely resembling a string moves just the tiniest bit, he pounces like a miniature panther! […]