Resolution #27: Organize Closet(s)
One resolution down, 282 to go!
So, this year, one of my resolutions was to organize my closet(s). I’ve made this resolution almost every year since I was 9. I won’t say exactly how many years that makes it, but know that it is a sufficient number.
I decided to organize in sections–you know, a place for everything etc., etc. Here goes:
1. Belts and long necklaces. Hanging on the wall to save space. I have at least 25 belts.
2. Folded items. Mostly sweaters ( I have waaayyy too many sweaters), a few pairs of pants.
3. Hanging clothes. Tops and bottoms (blouses organized by color & print), then dresses. Skirts on the bottom.
4. There’s usually a clothes hamper there, but y’all don’t want/need to see that, right?
5. Blazers. No rhyme or reason to the organization here as I usually just grab one on the way out and hope for the best.
6. Aahhh, shoes. And bags. Glorious, lovely shoes and bags…I can never have too many!
7. Running shoes (for the 3 times per year I manage to get off my hoo-ha and run) and random accessories like scarves, hats, and gloves.
8. Vintage dress form (obtained for free at Cappel’s!) with more random scarves, structured hats, necklaces, etc.
Whew! That seems like a lot, plus there’s more *not pictured!
How do you organize your closet? Is it random or do you have a system?
Storage bins (out of season items, stuff I haven’t worn since high school but won’t get rid of [why, Tamia? WHY?])
Trunk of car—don’t judge me! I need a lot of room! (random vintage items that I will: a. Wear. Someday b. Have altered to fit me c. Sell if I ever un-lazify.)
NinaJanuary 5, 2009 at 3:15 am
hi tamia! thank you for visiting my site…apologies for not returning the comment sooner. 🙁
i need to re-organize my closet, too. it seems like such a daunting task…and neverending! good luck w/it! just know that i’m sympathizing w/u. 😉
penneradJanuary 7, 2009 at 2:07 pm
I FINALLY managed to cut some junk out of my closet and a) post on ebay, b) decide to toss out b/c i’ve not worn it and probably won’t wear it and even tho it fit in high school/middle school, it probably still fits, but why…no, really WHY do I STILL HAVE IT????
quite sad. Nice job on the organization!! I want to just toss things out and start from scratch but I’m a closet pack rat and some of those things are just so darn cute!
MarianFebruary 4, 2009 at 7:05 pm
i love this,wardrobe organization is no easy feat.It takes space which is always the issue.think you have done a GREAT job honey! love your shoe closet my dear.well done!
TamiaJanuary 7, 2009 at 6:07 pm
I’ve gotten to the point where I actually refuse to get rid of clothing and accessories because I regret giving some things away years ago…I miss those patent leather mary janes!
Obviously, I have issues
Pingback:One Piece, Three Ways | The Style SampleMarch 25, 2010 at 7:11 pm
Pingback:Style: Work It! | The Style SampleMarch 25, 2010 at 7:13 pm
Pingback:Street Style | The Style SampleMarch 25, 2010 at 7:33 pm
Pingback:Runway Copycat: Marc Jacobs | The Style SampleApril 1, 2010 at 8:12 pm