Shopping: Virtual Vintage
I have a thing for vintage. I know I’m not alone in this. Search the blogosphere–heck, search the entire world wide web–and you’re greeted by a plethora of blogs, shopping sites, articles, and message boards all dedicated to the love of vintage clothing.
Lately I’ve been suffering through some pretty serious withdrawal as I haven’t been able to spend time browsing the cluttered aisles of my favorite thrift and vintage haunts (Goodwill, I miss you! Call me!).
Luckily, the interweb came to the rescue yet again and supplied me with the following crop of beauties that, while not immediately tangible, are enough to tide me over until I can get my hands on a 1991-era Salt ‘n Pepa style bustier:
1. Dress, Atlantis Vintage. The bright 80’s print and heart-shaped neckline make it simultaneously bold and ladylike. Think Dynasty.
2. Jacket, Nasty Gal Vintage: Denim Chanel-inspired goodness dresses up casual pieces.
3. Blouse, Adore Vintage: Sweet and ladylike when paired with with high-waisted culottes and candy colored t-straps.
4. Beaded purse, Daisy Fairbanks Vintage: Just big enough to hold keys, cash, & lipgloss; just fancy enough to add interest to casual pieces.
5. Necklace, Samaya Ling: The way it slithers dangerously around your neck makes it a perfect accessory for strapless summer dresses.
6. Skirt, Vintage Apeel: Deep tonal stripes make a beautiful skirt (or strapless dress) for a summer evening.
I’m always on the lookout for places to screen shop/spend money I don’t have–do you have any recommendations for online vintage shopping?