Work // Pants and Candy
The November issue of Cincinnati Magazine is on newsstands! Check out what I’ve been working on:
- I spent almost an hour picking out the prettiest pieces of candy from Jenco Brothers, all of which cost almost $40!
- There’s a lot of direction involved in editorial styling–I made a diagram of a hand showing the nail artist exactly how to do the manicure, and visited the salon to pick out the colors beforehand.
- Holding things doesn’t seem like a difficult task, but trust me, hand modeling is HARD! You have to hold your fingers in all sorts of unnatural positions while the photographer/art director/stylist is telling you to untuck your pinky or twist your palm a fraction of an inch toward the camera . Big props to editorial intern Baihley for being our hand model for the day!
- I pulled 13 pairs of pants, 12 tops, 7 pairs of shoes, and 14 accessories (jewelry, bags) from six different stores for this shoot. I always pull more than I’ll actually use–options are necessary, and backups are a must.
- There’s a nice shout-out for this page on the cover!
You can get the November issue of Cincinnati Magazine on newsstands now!