The Style Sample | Cincinnati Photo & Brand Stylist | The New Uniform
Styling + Branding + Connections
branding,stylist,cincinnati,fashion,photographer,midwest,creative
3680
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-3680,single-format-standard,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,select-theme-ver-3.7,side_area_uncovered,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.0.1,vc_responsive

The New Uniform

The New Uniform

It looks like I’m becoming one of those bloggers who starts every post by apologizing for not doing any actual blogging. To be fair, I have been exceptionally busy–working two jobs, planning and styling a photo shoot, and finishing up a big photography and design project–all while fighting a sinus infection marked by a veritable rainbow of nasty ooze. You know what that means? That means I’m a BEAST.

Since I started a new office-y job last week, I’ve been trying to streamline my morning routine. For me, that means a new uniform: inappropriately casual top, high-waisted teacher pants, and a faux gold chain worthy of Mr. T.

cincinnati young professional fashion blog Thrifted trousers and necklace (from the $1 bin!); Old Navy shirt; vintage heels

I figure not having to think too hard about what to wear every morning reduces the amount of time I need to get ready, but I swear, my hair takes forever. How do you  save time in the morning?

11 Comments
  • Bethany

November 20, 2011 at 8:53 pm Reply

I don’t really wear makeup. Maybe some powder and eye liner and I’m done.

• tamia

November 24, 2011 at 11:20 am Reply

I’ve been trying to streamline my makeup routine, but I’m feel like people will think I look sick without a little tinted moisturizer + blush!

• Bethany

December 11, 2011 at 3:53 pm Reply

haha, I know what you mean. Makeup definitely makes me feel more fresh looking but I feel like if I at least get my eyes looking nice it will make the rest come together.

• tamia

December 12, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Yes! Once the eyes are finished, you’re just a quick swipe of lip gloss away from being “done.”

• Tamu

November 20, 2011 at 11:49 pm Reply

I haven’t figured out any ways to save time in the morning, but I have to tell you that your new uniform is fabulous! That bright yellow is perfect for these dreary rainy days.

• tamia

November 24, 2011 at 11:18 am Reply

Thanks! Yeah, I like to wear some color this time of year–it’s depressing otherwise!

• MotorCityMoxie

November 21, 2011 at 1:53 pm Reply

Hey, I’ve been following you for a while. I lost you b/c I didn’t bookmark the site, but it but I’m glad to get reconnected. To save time, I make to pack my lunch the night before.

• tamia

November 24, 2011 at 11:18 am Reply

That’s a good idea! I’ve been thinking of getting a bunch of those reusable containers so I can fill ’em up for the entire week.

• April

November 23, 2011 at 9:23 pm Reply

I’m really digging this uniform…and I had to totally laugh at your term “teacher pants”…

This might sound a little OCD, but I get my outfits for work ready on Sunday…ironing, accessories, and all…saves soooo much time in the am.

• tamia

November 24, 2011 at 11:16 am Reply

April, that’s what I PLAN to do! I try to hang at least 3 days worth of “ready” outfits in the front of the closet, but sometimes I just don’t get it done.

• Sing

November 25, 2011 at 5:43 pm Reply

I like this, nice menswear inspired fit.